The Life-365 Consortium
History of Life-365 Service Life Predication Model™ Development
In 1998, during a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) workshop
the need for a consensus corrosion service life model was outlined.
- In 1999, a consortium was formed within American Concrete Institute’s (ACI) Strategic Development Council (SDC) to fund development of the "Life-365" software program as the first step towards creating a consensus model.
- August 2001 Life-365 v1 is released to industry.
- A second consortium was formed in 2005, that would continue the development and improvement of Life-365. The members of that consortium are the Slag Cement Association (SCA), the Concrete Corrosion Inhibitors Association (CCIA), National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) and the Silica Fume Association
- At the Transportation Research Board’s (TRB) Annual Meeting in Washington,
DC (January 2008) v2.0 of Life-365 is released to industry.
- January, 2012 version 2.1.1 of Life-365 is released after an exhaustive 12-month process of verification and validation (including a review by the original developer).
Consortium members welcome the opportunity to provide in-house
training on Life-365 at no cost. If you would like to schedule a training
session, or just have a question, please complete the contact form -- Click
You may click on the logos below to go directly to the
consortium members' websites: